View your current registration cart here.
The 2022 Ouray Ice Festival will be held on January 19th – 23rd. Tickets go on sale on December 3rd at 0800 Mountain Time. If you experience issues, please contact [email protected]. OIP Membership Discount (15% off clinics/seminars) is on the climber’s honor code! Not a member?? Click here to purchase your Ouray Ice Park Membership today!
HOW TO SHOP AND REGISTER FOR THE CLINICS
Click ‘Register’ to add tickets to your cart. If you have received a discount code from the Ouray Ice Park, enter the code where it says ‘Coupon Code’ and select ‘Apply Coupon’ to receive a discount. Once all your tickets have been added to your cart, select ‘Proceed to Checkout.’ Be sure the address you enter matches the billing address of your credit card. All ticket sales are final.
Please email us at [email protected] with any questions!
- You will register and pay online, then receive a confirmation via email shortly afterwards. This means you registered for the clinics listed in that email. If you need to make changes to your registration, please contact us at [email protected] and provide your order confirmation number.
- In your confirmation email there will be a prompt to fill out our Acknowledgement of Risks and Liability Waiver Online. This must be done prior to the start of the Ouray Ice Festival or your space in the clinics will not be confirmed!!
- There will be an additional Final Clinic Information email sent out to all clinic participants prior to the start of the Ice Fest.
- Please note that there are no refunds for Ouray Ice Festival Clinics unless we are able to fill your spot on the clinic. If you need to cancel your clinic registration, please notify us by email and we will do our best to re-list your clinic spot so that it can be filled prior to the start of the ice fest. You will need to check back in with us after the ice fest to determine if we were able to fill your spot. If we are able to fill your spot, a voucher towards a future trip with SJMG (less a 20% re-booking fee) may be issued
CLINIC & SEMINAR DESCRIPTIONS
Clinics are 3 hours long. Seminars are 5.5 hours long. The number of participants varies with ticket sales but are generally 8 participants to a clinic or seminar. Clinics and Seminars are instructed by one Sponsor Athlete and one San Juan Mountain Guide. Clinics are held in the Deep South, South Park, Schoolroom, Lower-Ins, Kids Wall, in between Bridges, Scottish Gullies, and Five Fingers. These areas are closed to the public January 21st until 12pm on January 23rd. The New Funtier is available for public climbing.
AT THE ICE FEST:
Sponsors will provide demo boots, crampons, harnesses, helmets, ice tools, and belay devices. To demo gear, you must purchase a gear card here. Make sure you have all your gear together at least 15 minutes before the start of your clinic. It can take up to an hour to gather all your gear so please arrive to the Vendor Village well in advance of your clinic start time. We recommend you bring your own gear as well if you have it, especially harness and helmet.
Once you have all your gear together, go to the tent of the Sponsor. The sponsor of your clinic can be found on this website! For example, if you registered for Clinic 1 Advanced Ice with Anna Pfaff Fri 0900 – Go to the North Face tent (as the North Face is the sponsor listed on our website) at 0845 with your gear. Sign the Liability Waiver in advance of the clinic! If you are unsure where to go, please visit the San Juan Mountain Guide booth and we will locate your registration.
REQUIRED PARTICIPANT EQUIPMENT LIST
- UIAA Certified Climbing Helmet
- UIAA Certified Climbing Harness
- 2 Ice Tools
- Ice Climbing Boots
- Belay Device and locking Carabiner
Wednesday January 19th- January 20th, 2022 – Full Day Seminars
Friday January 21st 2022
Saturday January 22nd, 2022